Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Max spindle speed and related feed rate adjustment...

?Mark

I recently ran into this issue too. I believe that if it is not a bug, that it is certainly a good enhancement request. The feed should be scaled down if the machine's rpms have to be capped. just my .02

Unless someone can find a reason that it should work like it does...

• 2 years later...

I don't know if this has been tried already, but we use a 'generic' material definition w/ all fields set to 100%, then in the tool parameters we specify SFM in the '% mat'l cutting speed'field, and CPT in the '% of mat'l feed per tooth' field. When a prog has to be switched to a different machine, say from our 14k spindle NH5000 to our 8k spindle MV40B, you just pick the new machine and spindle/feed is scaled down.

If, however, you need to switch a prog from a slow spindle machine to a faster spindle, you will need to open each toolpath and click on the tool being used for it to update back to the higher speed/feed.