Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

invalid arc error - highfeed

wildcat99

Change step over .001 or toolsize .0001 and recrunch, run the HF filter and see if that helps.

You could also try changing your tolerances to heal endpoint error...

Sometimes an errorous spline used for a boundary can have wierd results also...also a bad surf...

And lastly, I have found that just recrunching the toolpath without changing anything will work.

A CPU is not 100% error free...

Found another neat little problem. With a standard pocket, straight lines and arcs for the boundary it runs fine. After highfeed, there are two corners where the cutter does a full circle, cutting outside the boundary gouging into the part. No splines or surfaces here, changed stepover, roughing angle and unchecked all arcs in Filter, still doesn't help.

I'll have to post this job without highfeed for now and try to figure out what's changed since the last time I used it (X2 first version or maybe X...can't remember).

Highfeed is great but now I can't trust it. Don't know if SP1 will help fix these issues. When I try to download, our system thinks it's a virus.