Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

T/C Planes not staying as set

I've copied some of the normal system planes and then redifined them to work with muliple stacked mold plate plates and set up a different Machine group for each of the plates and defined "Stock View" and "Safety Zone View" to the appropriate copied/define plane.

Now the problem is that I can be working on a particular plate (working within the same machine group. I will go into the view manager and set my T and C plane = to Gview and the seem to keep changing and not staying as it set.

Am I missing something?

I had problems like this anytime I modify the "ORIGIN" xyz coordinates of the SYSTEM TOP view AND another view.

I have good luck modifying them as long as I leave "TOP" alone.

Workaround is to copy the top view and modify your "copy of top" and leave the system top at 0,0,0.

Bug logged cnc00028848.

Not sure if you're fighting the same thing though...

when you have that setting, all planes are set to top in relation to the wcs. in your operations, do a "edit selected operations" "edit common parameters" go to planes. set your wcs and then put your planes to top. if you have it set right, using the radio buttons to transfer one to the other should automatically change them to top

Understandable, but that is not the case here. I have multiple machine groups but when I change from one Machine group to another..I first change to another level if the geometry differs then go to the View Manager to check that the T/C planes are equal to my WCS wich automaticaly changes (if defined from with in the Machine Group)when the marker (Red Arrow) is moved from the group to another. I'll then be programming away and then I notice that the T/C planes change from what I had set them to.