Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

tapping cycle

seattlewa98

On the fadal: before the tapping cycle start, I notice the spindle stop at clearance height, then turning, start tapping, stop at bottom for few second then reverse back out at clearance height. spindle stop then move to next location and repeat the who procuduce.

On the Sharp SV2412: before the tapping cycle start, the spindle DON'T stop at clearnace height, tapping, I hear click, reverse to back out. Spindle don't stop and move on to next location.

What do I need to change to have the Sharp do same way as Fadal does ?

Thanks for your time

The Fadal uses synchronized tapping if you look at the dogs on your spindle you will see they line up at a certain place each and everytime usually the same orientation of your ATC. The Sharp probably can;t do this because the option isn;t in the control or the actual G code you use is incorrect. Look at the G code list and look for a synchronized tapping G code call.

This is what I got

%

O0000

(PROGRAM NAME - T)

(DATE=DD-MM-YY - 09-06-07 TIME=HH:MM - 09:07)

N10G20

N11G0G17G40G49G80G90

(TOOL - 1 DIA. OFF. - 1 LEN. - 1 DIA. - .25)

N12T1M6

N13G0G90G54X1.Y1.A0.S3667M3

N14G43H1Z.1

N15G99G84Z-.5R.1F183.35

N16X3.Y3.

N17G80

N18M5

N19G91G28Z0.

N20G28X0.Y0.A0.

N21M30

%

Rick is correct.

If the code you show was for the Fadal, you are not Rigid Tapping.

On a FADAL, you will have either a 'G84.1' code or ('G74.1' for left-hand) and other "special" code items on this tapping block. Exactly what these 'other' will be depends on whether you're running the FADAL in - (code) Format#1 or Format#2.

quote:

What do I need to change to have the Sharp do same way as Fadal does ?

You see that, Terry and JP? He wants his other machine to act just like his Fadal. wink.giftongue.gif

The world would be a better place with a few more guys like him. biggrin.gif

Thad

• 2 weeks later...

Hi jleal,

I put M29 and here is what I got

T1 M6 ( )

G0 G90 G54 X-1.75 Y1. S300 M3

G43 H1 Z1.0

G99 G84 X-1.75 Y1. Z-1. R.1 Q.3 F15.

G80

M5

G0 G28 G91 Z0

G0 G90 G28 X0. Y0.

G54

M30

%

But after finish tapping, the machine read line G80 and stop (spindle still turning), I press start button few times and machine still not going anywhere. Is there any other code I have to put in after tapping line so machine can go back to home pos like it suppose to.

Thanks