Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Messing with macros in X2

within a thou

I am messing with the macro function I think this will be a cool tool once I get everything I want configured. I read the help file and have no problem with what it is saying to do. The macro I am trying to create I want to do a file open and go to the root where my files are and change to ask for a iges ( I know I can just go into my config and set it there but I alays work off Iges files and change my levels and colour cause my engineers love grey for some reason. so I want my macro to open the file rename my levels change the colour of all my geometry. Now after creating the macro when I try to run it X2 crashes. now is this posssible to do or when I pick a dummy file to create the macro is it going to open that file everytime and what is causing my crashes?

The main problem with the Macro function in Mastercam is that it requires that all your dialog boxes remain the same size and in the same location. Iskander is totally right. Create a VB Script and it will work perfectly and not crash Mastercam.

The other option would be to use the Entity Attributes manager to automatically re-assign entity's colors and levels. This option is really quick and you can set it to be active on file import. The you could go into Mastercam's level manager, right click in the levels list, and select the option to import a named level list. This list is stored in a CSV format which stands for comma seperated values. The easiest way to create one is to open a Mastercam file that has all your levels named the way you like it, right click in the levels list and save the named levels.

HTH,

VBS is new to me where should I look for literature so I can get this started. My parts are a lot alike and the first 4 toolpaths are always the same so I want a way to throw them all on my file without having to go into import to do it. I am basically looking for a way to do it in as few mouse clicks as possible and to create import libraries for all my tap holes clearance holes and so on so I am looking for the best way to go about this.