Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe set-up sheets

lowboy

We use Excel spreadsheets for our lathe and milling operations here; all tools, gages, fixtures, etc must be selected and specified before programming our jobs and many are 'similar to' so there are a lot of 'copy overs' which are nicey nice using this method.

C

You can right click on the operations and you will see set-up sheet near the bottom, click it , from there you can play with the options and how it prints graphically and such, i don't print each toolpath but i will print out tool sheet that has all the tooling info on it . HTH cheers.gif

• 3 years later...

Check under the Tools button, then HTML Setup Sheet Template on this very site. Trial version download, works for Lathe, Mill/Turn.

I would like more info if you could assist, I've tried to find what you mentioned but couldn't find it?

I want to try a setup sheet for Lathe tools that run in an operation and I do not need the tool describe every time it is used.

Please assist.

I like that, how did you do that?

its easy and quick, if you use solids. look on your solids tab at the bottom, at the bottom look for layout, play with it a little bit. you will like it. you will have to make a header and import it. there are a couple of settings to change.

check landscape and set x to 11.0 and y to 8.50. you can choose differnt views and all kinds of cool stuff. let me know if you have any questions. always happy to share.

its easy and quick, if you use solids. look on your solids tab at the bottom, at the bottom look for layout, play with it a little bit. you will like it. you will have to make a header and import it. there are a couple of settings to change.

check landscape and set x to 11.0 and y to 8.50. you can choose differnt views and all kinds of cool stuff. let me know if you have any questions. always happy to share.

You got my attention with quick and easy, but as soon as you mentioned solids, I got lost. I use Solidworks but thats about all I understand about solids. Can you explain more or perhaps a screen shot would help. Thanks

You got my attention with quick and easy, but as soon as you mentioned solids, I got lost. I use Solidworks but thats about all I understand about solids. Can you explain more or perhaps a screen shot would help. Thanks

I'm pretty good with making set up sheets, but not to good with alot of things. Like screen shots, never done it. if you give me a tip on how to pull that off i will be happy to do that.. ;)

do you have a solid on your screen, if yes the hit the green check then it will ask you to choose a level. then you can figure your scale. you can change the location of a single view by using pan, you can show hidden lines for i'd' work by hitting toggle all, add views. once you have what you want hit the green check and your done.. sorry it took so long to reply, the boss has coffe in my office. lol