Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

another post help request...

Newbeeee™

Hi all,

This is my first time post, so please treat me gently….

I’m a mcam amateur and have been trying to help out the guys at work on the lathes with their post.

What they want is the tools used to be called automatically at the beginning of the program.

The post they are using is a modified generic fanuc 2x post (mcamx), and I have been comparing it with the mplmaster x2 post which does call the tools.

I have read the other forum posts, and as far as I understand, copied over the necessary differences to do with ‘pwrtt’ & ‘tooltable’.

I’m at a loss now, the post runs fine except it does not call the tools as wanted.

They don’t want to change to the mplmaster post because they are happy with the existing one except for this one problem.

Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Stupid question maybe, but do you have a tool table on off switch at the near begining of the post that needs to be activated?

tool_table : 1 #Tool table, 0=no, 1=yes

I don't know much about the post you are using, but I use the Mplmaster exclusively. And aside from the fact that it supports live tool (which about 30 of my 40 machine do not) it works great. All be it, I had to move things around a bit and customize it, it is one of the better base posts I have found. Maybe it's worth the time to look at just changing that one to meet current standard? Just a thought.

Hi all,

Colin: Yes, they want T2 OD ROUGH CNMG 120408, as an example, at the top of the program (under customer name, part no, drawing iss no, etc).

I have uploaded a copy to the FTP site, its in the MCX Post Stuff folder called NewbeeGenericfanuc2Xlathe.pst.

Bryan: I have run the error file and it spat out lots of errors (although MCAM said successfull post?) - Labels not defined, formula error etc.

The gcode printed looks good though! I don't know where to start on this......

Randy: There is a switch and it is set as per the mplmaster post. I did think about altering this one in stead, but I don't like being defeated.

This post stuff is fascinating, in a masochistic sort of way!

Thanks for everyones help.

MX tutorial for???????

If you are looking for Post information.

The is a Post Processor Parameter.pdf in the documentation folder of your installation.

There is also a v9 post reference guide available through your reseller.