Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Corrupt File - Help!

Tim Simmermon

I posted a file onto the FTP under the MCX2 folder. The file is 431122_Rev01_OP2.MCX.

The file was originally created in MCX, and I was trying to import the operations into a new file that I am creating in MCX2. When you try to do that it asks if you would like to convert the file, so I said yes. The Send Error Reports popped up and then it said that the File was Invalid or Corrupt and left me with 0 Bytes of data. I tried restoring the file from my Tape Backup but have been so far unsuccessful. CAn anyone restore this file or am I SOL.

Thanks

No, I don't have either set up. I save files on the server, which has a tape backup system on it. I had figured that backing up on there is enough, but I will probably start using that function. I'm still not giving up on retrieving the file from the tape, it's just a new process for me. Thanks

Thanks guys, I am looking into all backup suggestions. Luckily all I was trying to do was import toolpaths from an older file to decrease my 'grammin time on a part that was redesigned. Ended up starting from scratch, luckily not a whole lot of ops.

Thanks again