Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Laser marking

chris m

Good morning

I am in the market for another laser marking machine and I'm looking for input. We currently have a Trumpf Vectormark system which has been running well for about 6.5 years, but the system was serious $$, has much more capability than I need, and was SERIOUS $$. I'm looking for a more 'budget' [like $50K] system that I can deploy on the factory floor for some simple marking tasks. Anyone out there using this type of equipment? Your feedback is much appreciated.

C

I used to have the Legend series but see that they came out with one that looks more for what your looking for. epilog

might want to check it out... with our laser we had good service, only problem being the life of the laser tube..I am not sure but this seems to land in the price range and maybe worth checking into. cheers.gif

3 reader strips..

1 optic lense

2 x axis motors..

1 laser charge

in a 2 yr time running the machine average of 5 hrs a day.

Support was very good, and parts were there the following day.

Dont go with the auto focus unless the piece is flat...I wouldnt waste my time with it. If it misses the piece with the auto z focus probe it will ram the piece up into the arm and knocking it out of wack. I can fix pretty well anything on them cause I had to do my share of work on it.

Dont have them send you samples..bring them out, have them set one up and show you how they do it. And they should be willing cause they did that for us. Main thing if its not the yag is the life of the laser..recharging the laser tube gets spendy. The tube life has a certain amount of hours they claim...just double check cause I believe that is figuring the machine running or NOT. I thought is was burn time..its the total life of the tube. You lookin at just metal marking Chris or heading into cutting plastic and acrylic?

We had alot of problems up front with our laser, but they made sure everything was ok and took care of us well. Tell em to get a toll free number too...nothings worse then waiting for a service tech. knowing your paying for you waiting. cheers.gif

I brought this brand up cause I seen they had one made for the metal marking now...it used to be the co2 laser needed a spray applied called Cermark..if thats the only way they can mark the metal I would look elsewhere.(Pain in the butt)

good luck cheers.gif

Don...

you have any problems with yours?

how often you running it? I seen everything is overseas with one distributor here in the states.. just curious about parts and service.

That name of that company reminds me of the company that had the francise for lasering images inside of the crystal cubes.

just curious how well they took care of ya..and what problems if any you had with it..

cheers.gif