Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Change Nc file name to current MCX file name without type it in

Pat-TGM

I seached and found this toppic covered before in previous X2.

I found in "Settings, Configuration, Toolpath Manager function" I can set nc file name = MCX file name. But some how it not work when you RENAME the file to the new name

Do I miss some setting ?

For now I have to use RMB and type new nc file name.

Can it automatic pickup new MCX file name?

Thanks

Nope Paul, you have to dstrat with a fresh file and then all your settings will migrate.

If you change it half way through you need to handle the changes manually.

I am not sure why you think it is lost

I set my toolpath name manager like so

naming-1.png

My OP manager looks like this, every time without ever having to type a file name or Operation. The only time I ever have to use the RMB way is if I miss an OP and have to go back and add it.

opmanager.jpg

John,

Sorry for the misunderstood. I meant that after rename the file, X doesn't pickup the new MCX file name like V9 or previous Versions

With V9, After rename the file when we select all OP and use RMB, change nci file name, MasterCam will automatic pick new file name.

Wait a minute, I'm confused... confused.gif

How is right clicking and selecting "Change NC Filename" rather than right clicking and selecting "Change nci destination" losing functionality? If anything, it is much clearer to me now than before. And, the new configuration settings allow for much better initial naming control than ever before. confused.gif

Setting the NC File name like this:

config.jpg

results in the renaming dialog displaying the current .mcx file name. Which is exactly what I think you are asking for? confused.gif

Paul Decelles,

That is exactly what my setting. Like JOHN said above only work "with a fresh file' not after rename or save as.

Let say I have 123456789.MCX file name with my NC file name is 12345789.nc now I have job similar this one So I rename or Save as this to 555555555.MCX, so I want to change the NC file name match to 555555555.nc without typing it (avoid typo)