Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Coolant issue

Columbo™

I am making a lathe program and have found an issue, I'm not sure if there is also an issue for milling or not. I will try it soon.

I forgot to turn the coolant on for a drill, This tool is used in three operations (one to drill and two to bore). I went to the first of the three operations and turned it on, MC asked if I wanted to apply this to the other operations and I told it yes.

The problem

I checked all three operations and visually the coolant is on. I posted the program and after the first operation I get an M09 and no other M08. I went to the second of the three operations turned off the coolant, said OK, went back in to the second operation and turned it back on and said OK. Posted it and then had the M09 after the second operation.

I had to turn off then turn on the coolant for the third operation to eliminate the M09 until the end of the tool.

Would it be best to manually turn on the coolant?

Thanks

Where did u turn it on? The perameters page? Operations tool? Tool library? If u do it in the tool, you have to go through each op and unselect then reselect the tool to pick it up.

FYI

I always (well, most of the time) program everything with the coolant off. Then use the "edit common perameters" to turn on coolant settings. HTH

I did it in the tool. When asked to apply to all operations using this tool I answered yes.

I am always afraid to use "edit common perameters". I got burned one time in V9.

Unless they fixed it in X. When I went in to change coolant to on in V9 it also changed other things. Did that get fixed in X ??

Thanks

cheers.gif