Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Disappearing named view names

Has anyone had the problem of a named view name disappearing from the view manager? It will happen in a new MC9 file and also from a V8.1.1 file that has been converted to V9. It seems to happen when you go into the view manager and right click on your view and do a "set current" > "all". If you then go back to the graphics area and then back to the view manager the view name disappears. I can not find a way for this to repeat though. It just seems to happen from time to time. I believe that I am using this feature correctly but I know how that goes? confused.gif

Thanks for your help

[ 04-05-2002, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Mike Whitten ]

I am trying to set the t-plane, c-plane and g-view to an existing named view that was previously created in V8 or V9. I am doing this per the directions specified in the help file. I have been using named views all through V8 with great success and some success in V9 since Beta 2. It works fine most of the time but sometimes the view name just vanishes.

I had an even worse problem. I created a program from a V8.1.1 conversion, posted the program, ran the part, saved the the source file as MC9 and went home for the night. The following day I opened the source to make a minor edit and I got an alarm "This program has duplicate views, do you still want to open it?" (if I remember correctly). I wasn't quite sure what that meant but I said Yes. When the file opened ALL of my tool paths were gone along with 13 defined tools. The only saving grace was the fact that I had already ran the part. I've run into this twice and no longer convert MC8s to MC9s for fear of having it happen again. Has anyone else seen this?

Cadcam, thanks for the .doc that you have provided. I am sure it will help out as it explains everything very clearly. I will play some more and possibly figure something out.

Glenn, this issue has also been logged twice on my end over the last 5 weeks as Bug19852 and Bug19634. I will work on it some more and also try a different computer over the next few days. I must make sure it is not an error of mine though. I need to find and record the exact keystrokes that can reproduce it.

Thanks all

Update: Tech support has found a work around for this problem. smile.gif

Per Tech support:

The solution is to make sure you left click on the

named view before you go to Set Current, All. If you do not left click then

it keeps the name and details from the system top view. For now make sure

you left click on the named view instead of just right clicking on it.

This works for me now, my view names are not disappearing anymore.

Thanks,

Mike