Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

toolpath modifications

Rob_Jeanjaquet

Hi all,

I am wondering if there is a way to add a radius

to a toolpath when milling a profile. I want to

put a .005 rad on outside corners of the part.

In Pro e I can put the rad directly on the toolpath or I can put a corner radius on the part. I am using solids so this is easy. In Mc X

I am using dxf's and putting a corner radius on

in the past has not been easy without changing

all the lines connected in the wireframe.

I would also like to extend the toolpath off the

part. In MC 7 I would create lines tangent to my

chained toolpath. I want an x y move to turn on ccomp without a big lead in radius which might hit the part. If I take the radius out then I

only get an approach move along 1 axis.

Thanks again

Rob

Well are you still using V7 or are you using a different version 1st?

Have you looked at lead in and lead out and changed the parameters here to see if that helps you out?

Are you using Wear or Control for your programming method to run on the machine?

Have you tried using a .stp file in Mastercam? Mastercam X Mr2 and above can now read Step File without problems if you are using solids if you have that option with your seat if your company bought it if not then look to use surfaces. Then from there do a slice or edge curve and then make your changes there in trying ot change a finished part.

Again if you are looking at lead in/outs the lead in/outs in V8 and above work very nice for not needing to create extra geometry to accomplish this task.

HTH