Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WCS Problems

Larry Metzler

When programming a three axis vertical mill and posting, our WSC is posted as G54 thru G59as needed. When programming for four axis horizontal mill we revert to the WCS

output as G54.1 P1 Thru P?. This servers our purpose as more offsets are needed on

the horizontal due to muti-faced tombstones and pallets. If a part is programmed originally for a vertical machine and later decided to be put on the horizontal we will

copy the original geometry and export tool paths to a new location. After wards we relocate the geometry, import the original tool paths, edit the tool planes in the parameter pages load a new post processor and post.

The problem is the new WCS is never called in the resulting program. The new program

will use the old WCS on the first tool and new WCS will not be called on any tool changes. The old programs tool paths must be re-programmed to produce a valid WCS output. Does anyone know of away around this problem, or of what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance for any help.

cuckoo.gif

Thanks Rick, WCS is set to top tooling and construction planes were set accordingly.

The problem was while it would accept the new planes the work offset number would

default to -1 ( a number forced to try to prevent a crash) and because it is an illegal number, the post would not assign a WCS G54.1 P# offset at all. (At the time we thought it would produce an error message). In parameter page we changed the WCS number as required and it now posts fine. A rather dumb oversight, but then most of them are. Again Thanks

Sometimes I need multiple work offsets for the same "B" position. I do this in the view manager. EX: copy view2 (B0) name the new view whatever you want then assign it a workoffset.

0= G54

1=G55

2=G56 ......

When you want a different offset just call that view and it should use that offset. In the planes page it should appear if you have a check in the work offset box. If this doesn't help. Get ahold of me and I'll help you over the phone