Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4 axis post problem

Goldorak

when i verify or backplot the angles seems ok

0 deg 90 deg 180 deg and 270 deg

i use axis positionning about x

machine is okuma mc-v4020 w/ osp100m control

when i post it output 0-90-180-90 instead of 270

same thing happens when i reverse it output 270 instead of 90

the 0 and 180 is always correct!!

You're likely having planes issue.

When you work on Back and bottom planes you are always better off creating new planes and not using the system back and bottom. Mastercam has always been a little squirrelly when trying to use them.

Most 4 axis post processors have problems in certain cases banghead.gif , but if you ask your reseller to contact us, then we can surely deliver a post processor that can give you the correct angles in all cases biggrin.gif

We have made 4 and 5 axis post processors for machines with Okuma OSP 100M controls before, but I do not remember whether we have made a post processor for that specific machine. I am having holidays at the moment cheers.gif , so I cannot check that before I am back at the office on September 3rd.

again banghead.gif

in my post when i set rotary axis at

code:

index        : 1     #Use index positioning, 0 = Full Rotary, 1 = Index only 

all my a axis command is ok BUT when i dont use 4axis it outputs the M15A0 even if the rotary axis is unchecked in my operation

at oposit

code:

index        : 0     #Use index positioning, 0 = Full Rotary, 1 = Index only 

it index at wrong angles !!!!!

BTW i contact my reseler i just hope than somebody here had a way to correct my problem !!!!

Alexa,

have your reseller get a hold of Inhouse they make a great MP Master post for Okuma just got mine all tweaked in cept for couple little issues . Have 2 of the same machines and the post works great

Whats really the cats arshhhhh is use 4th axis A is output your don't use 4th ya never see it. Plus it is all set up to use misc values for thru spindle coolant at end of tool set up for dwell and airblast and some other really nice features

John

by the way which post are you using sooooooooo many Okuma ones out there as i'm sure the other Okuma guys will back me up on that. And they all have there own type of post build