Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MPMASTER post question

cobra95kev

I have been wondering this for a while,

Is there any way to create a new WCS in Mastercam using this post and be able to not use the top WCS for a single operation. I have a second operation on a part where the part is rotated in the vise on a 4 axis horizontal so I don't need the machine to rotate. When I try to use my new WCS it gives me an error. Then When I switch back to top WCS it posts but of course it add an B rotation also.

Is there any easy way around this?

I am using XMR2 solids on Windowa XP.

Thanks,

Kevin C. smile.gif

If you are manually rotating the part on your machine and do not want to the B-axis rotation to output in your post, you need to not only set your new wcs, but also your tool and construction plane.

In order to get no rotation on a horizontal machine, your wcs needs to indicate which plane represents the top of the part as it sits on the machine while your construction and tool plane would need to represent where the front of the part now is. For instance, if you rotated your top tool plane 90 degrees about world Z and set this as your new WCS, mastercam's right hand plane would be the front of the part, and when you post out operations on this plane your B rotation would be zero. You can check this relationship by enabling the "display relative to wcs" button in your planes window.