Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Direct Inventor for MasterCam X2 Mr1 sp1

Hi All

I have a custemor here who have some probleme with Direct Inventor ...

the probleme he have's in Inventor the Direct icon is multiplicate... so he have a lot of smae icon.

The cutumor have the same Direct inventor version installed and MasterCam

I trying to Uninstall all and reinstall to fix the problem but some icon apear day after day !!!

Do you have any problem like that and wath can you sugeest to me to do for fixed this problem!!!!!

Tank you in advance

Marc Cauchon

Cap technologies

Quebec MasterCam reseller

Hello Marc,

I'm not sure I understand what your looking for.

I have Mastercam X2 MR1 SP1 and Autodesk Inventor 2008 (Serial Version, not Professional). I have Direct Inventor installed and it works properly for me. Are you saying there is more than 1 Mastercamx Icon in the toolbar?

Previous to upgrading from Inventor version 11 to Inventor 2008 I did not have any issues either.

Which version of Inventor does he have?

[ 09-12-2007, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Michael.su ]

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem. I am using Inventor Professional 2008 SP1 and Mastercam X2 MR1 on a Windows XP64 operating system.

This really needs to be fixed and should not require reinstalling either program.

To Pete, shouldn't the Mastercam Direct Add-in keep track of how many toolbars and buttons it has created? It is pretty easy to have the addin delete any buttons it uses at startup then add back the correct number.

• 2 weeks later...

In the last couple weeks, further investigation has shown that we are indeed causing this problem to happen. We're working on a fix for it. In the meanwhile, to get rid of the multiple buttons, this should/could/might work...

Opening up the Registry Editor and go to the following key…

HKCUSoftwareAutodeskInventorRegistryVersion12.0UI Customization V5Toolbars.

The following subkeys underneath it need to be deleted...

AssemblyMenuBar

PartMenuBar

Mastercam:MastercamDirectX

Your best bet after doing this is to uninstall the Mastercam Direct .DLL (named MCInventorAddin.Dll in the 'Direct' subfolder of your Mastercam install. You can do this by either using the MastercamX Control Panel applet or by using a DOS Prompt and typing...

regsvr32 /u c:mcamx2directMCInventorAddin.Dll

replacing 'mcamx2' with the actual name of your Mastercam install folder.