Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT Freezes X2 MR1

Darryl Mack

I'm seeing program stalls, "not responding" in task manager, application window blanks, then kicks in again after 5-15 seconds. Its also happens with SolidWorks. I've tried different versions of the video driver for my NVidia GeForce 7600 GT (the version specified on the SolidWorks website), still no luck. Adjusted the video settings to lowest, still no luck. The only thing that works is UN-installing the video driver and using the windows default video driver which works but gives poor quality.

I'm really stuck, anyone else using this card or have a suggestion?

Yes, I had a very hard time at first. I am also running a vista laptop. First go into settings, config,screen and check the disable hardware acceleration. That helped but didn't fix it. Right click on the X2 icon on the desk top, properties, compatability tab, check disable desk top composition. Everything works well. idea.gif

• 2 weeks later...

From SpringerJ: "Right click on the X2 icon on the desk top, properties, compatability tab, check disable desk top composition. Everything works well."

Thank you SpringerJ !!! I just built new Quad Core w/ GEForce 8800GTS and Vista64, and had graphics problem where the screen went white when moving mouse over toolbar. I remembered your post, went into properties, disabled desktop comp and it eliminated problem. smile.gif

It's a big day - screaming fast new computer and finally got Mastercam's latest release to work! Does it get any better than that? cheers.gif