Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Nakamura-Tome Lathe Post Processor

Michael1286490636

What kind of Nakamura-Tome lathe is that? We have developed a post processor for a Nakamura-Tome lathe with C and Y axes, rotary tools, two tool stations, bar feeder and subspindle. The post does not support two tools in use simultaneously, as Mastercam does not support that, and the subspindle functions have not been tested, as the customer does not use the subspindle. Other than those two points (and certain rules to be followed when selecting toolplanes), it works fine.

I might add, that the Mplfan post does not work very well with Y and C axis machining. The changes needed are fairly minor, if I remember correctly it is only three lines that have to be edited to post process correctly (plus all of the special codes for the Nakamura-Tome, of course), but it took me over a week to track down what the problems were. I don't think my boss would be very happy if I told on this newsgroup, what those changes are wink.gif

Oops, forgot to mention this: If you are interested in the post processor, you can e-mail us at [email protected] for a quote.

[ 04-13-2002, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Christian Raebild ]