Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

surface blend

WWFCAM

I'm creating a multiple angle bevel using surfaces (3 surfaces, weld bevel on pipe end)

when I apply toolpath mcam applies 3 toolpaths with retracts for each

how do i blend (sharp corners)surfaces together to create one unified surface for one complete toolpath

Flowline (which it sounds like you are using), will machine all three surfaces separatly unless their UV curves lie in the same direction. There is a button on the flowline parameters page called "single row" that will try and treat the surfaces as a row instead of a grid of surfaces. The gap settings would be a good start, but if the UV directions don't match, it will still machine each surface separatly.

Nils was correct when he suggested surface finish blend. Blend needs a set of chains that you create (I ususally just project the edges of the surfaces to a flat plane and trim/blend them into a single spline) and the toolpath uses these chains to create a temporary mesh that is projected down onto the surfaces. There are lots of controls that let you adjust the stepover and other parameters.

The toolpath follows the directions of the chains and does not use the UV directions of the surfaces.

It is my favorite finishing toolpath.

i'm using surface rgh contour, i've tried the flowline but can't get a circle type leadin/out to the side of the part, it circles along z axis i want xy plane circle leadin/out

is the gap setting in the op manager or from mcam config settings

I've just started using surfaces since we got a 5ax machine

is there a good example for surface blending and the types of extra geom. required to get it to work as expected

Haven't really use Rough Flowline, but if you want to enter at a ramp change both the Plunge angle (z) and the XY angle to the same number and add your Plunge length, say 45 on Plunge angle and XY angle and 2 on Plunge length (just an example) and then how you want it to come out. See how it looks and if that's what your after. the Gap setting is on the 3rd Tab '[Rough flowline parameters', bottom right but I don't think that's your problem but you could try changing it to see what happens