Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Macro

Tom R

Dose any body Know of a good easy macro recorder that works with Master Cam Xmr2.I've tried Automate 6 but it flips Master Cam out something about an unknown error in Art you must save and restart or something to that effect and I'm not even using Art.

I've tried Macro Express and had the best luck with that but after I got a few macros recorded it the stopped working and the Macro Express tech couldn't figure it out ether because I had 25 more day left on the trial version! Other than that It automatically selected and created boundary boxes and cued me for translating points brought up my tool paths so all I had to do is pick my geo and boundary's all with three key storks. Then the thing quit working! banghead.gif So if any of you have a recorder that good please share. Master cam recorder isn't reliable it over shoots and messes up frequently and dosen't cue you properly for points. One more thing dose anybody know how to make the boundary box automatically put points in the middle of all sides of the box not just in the middle of the entire box? Thank you for your help if you can. headscratch.gif

Tom,

Good luck! Macros are a very sore spot for me also. I have ask CNC Software to please make changes and upgrade their macro programing to make it usable.

When properly working, the macro programing will save a lot of steps and time using Mastercam. The ability to use macro's will be very helpful in speeding things up and saving many repetive clicks!

I have a side business in photography and use Photoshop CS2. The macros in PS are called "Actions". These actions are the life and blood of the software from a business stand point! They speed things up so much and save time. I know that well thoughtout macros in MC would do the same.

Please pass your thoughts and concerns to:

[email protected]

Tom