Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

ram allocation

Quickmike

I have a file that when I go into the operations manager then go back to screen configure the current ram allocation has increased.I have not changed my allocations. I can do this several times and every time it increases my current ram allocations by 17.8meg. I originaly allocated just less than 50% of my ram to mastercam.I am running on a brand new compaq 1.8ghz,512ram, windows 2000,service pak 2, version 9 fresh install. I did enough times and my current ram allocation on screen configure went beyond 600meg. What gives? Am I doing something wrong? Please offer any advice on why this may be happening. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks in advance. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to give as much info as I could.

I am also having trouble with a job as far as toolpath processing time. Iwould like to put it up on Jay's ftp site so Jay or any one else could offer me some suggestions.It has about 1800 surfaces over a piece that is roughly 2.50inches by 25inches. Is it ok to just put it up on Jay's site? Jay please reply. Thanks.

Quikmike, you bet that is what it is there for.

This is just for the mastercam forum users and not meant for someone's business.

It is there so we can help each other.

Let me know when the file is there.

Jay

[ 04-21-2002, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

I have put the file on the ftp site. It is called 4C2H_8A062B Die insert.zip. After more investigation I have found all my files make the "current ram allocation" increase after going into the operations manager, then going back to screen config. but most of them only make it increase a small amount because their nci file size is much smaller. They increase about .2 meg per time I go onto operations manager then back to screen config.