Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

x2 mr2 spindle 0

camgeneration

Installed x2mr2 (side by side with x2mr1), now posts zero for spindle speed. It worked fine on x2 mr1 sp1. The machine definition, control definition looks correct (redid for changed post for coolant values (edited mpmaster)) Even tried posting with old post, so it's not the post editing).

Any ideas? running on mr1 until i can figure out.

btw- running on windows 2000 pro, wouldn't think this would be the problem, but since they don't support it, can't rule out. (even though they list it as a os in system requirements rolleyes.gif )

Try posting out using another MD/CD/Post set (e.g. DEFAULT MILL.MMD) What do you get now?

If you now get something other than '0', we know the issue lies in your MD/CD/Post setup.

If that is the case, I would first check the MD as it is the easiest to do...

Open your MD (Machine Definition) in the Machine Definition Manager. In the the Machine Configuration (lower-right corner of the dialog), expand all the items in the Mill Spindle Group. Right click on the Tool Spindle item and select Properties. What are the Min/Max Spindle Speed settings? If those look good, this issue is probably in your PST.

quote:

btw- running on windows 2000 pro, wouldn't think this would be the problem, but since they don't support it, can't rule out. (even though they list it as a os in system requirements)

Window 2000 is currently a supported OS. That's why it is listed for X2.

Posting with mill.mmd it does post out the spindle speed. I went through the md before and lowered the max to 15000. I double checked and it is still set correctly. can the md/cd get corrupted and still open? I also retried again posting using the post that works correctly in x2 mr1 sp1, and post out 0 for spindle.

"Window 2000 is currently a supported OS. That's why it is listed for X2."

So is cnc going to fix the patch 1 for mr2 for the translators to work with 2000? why didn't they fix the remember list mode in file management for mr2? (it was a know issue)