Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Breakthrough! Screwed by V9.

rsbeadle

I just found out today that my computer was shipped to my company with Windows XP installed. Our chief engineer, who handles network installation and sets-up user privelages, formatted the hard drive and installed Windows 2000 Pro from scratch. Then I got the computer and installed V8. The problem I think is that he used the drivers from the Windows CD instead of getting drivers from the manufactures web sites. I probably have 3 year old drivers in there that don't even know Mastercam exists. I'll update the drivers and let you guys know if the problem is fixed.

Steve,

Hey. Got bumped by webby's "flood control" again.

Why didn't he just leave XP on the computer? Was it XP Pro or the home version. If it was the home version I can understand why he would've formatted the drive and loaded Win 2000 Pro. Did he at least put the latest service pack for that O/S on? Go to Windows Update from the Start menu and see if there's a lot of product updates for that system. You may have to do more than download the latest drivers for the components of the system. I'd get all the latest for the O/S out of the way first and then start in on the drivers. Good Luck. Hope you have a bunch of time to do this. eek.gif