Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Vista graphics

OK, I'll admit I'm bored and was looking for something to do.

So I installed MCAM X2 MR2 on my Vista Ultimate 32 machine. P4, 3 ghz, Quadro FX1300, 2 gig RAM and all the latest available drivers.

I have set MCAM to disable desktop composition, I also have the graphics set to Solidworks.

When I have a solid body on the screen and shaded or unshaded, if I use the scroll button to rotate the part the graphics will all of sudden get choppy and the solid scrolls off the right side of the screen.

Now I know Vista is "yuk" at best but I am just curious if I am missing a setting or does anyone else this type of behavior as well?

quote:

Solidworks 2008 uses Techsoft HOOPS so no problem with Vista and great graphics!

If you spent any time at all in the SolidWorks

forums, you would know this is a flat out lie.

SolidWorks runs on Vista... poorly

Mastercam runs on Vista.... poorly

Even SolidWorks recommends XpPro for large assemblies due to Vista's poor performance.

95% of the people on the SW forums are running XP Pro and the 5% running Vista are fighting tooth and nail with their IT people to roll back.

The problem is Vista not the softewares struggling to run on Vista.

[ 11-24-2007, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: gcode ]