Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool Holder Question

Larry Metzler

When using the high speed surface tool paths we are given the option of selecting different tool holder definitions, (CAT40, HSK, BK, ie).

Is anyone aware of a way of saving a tool and holder definition that can be recalled and used in any standard tool path that does not give the defining factors of the tool holder that high speed surfacing does, such as a standard contour, pocket, ect.

Thanks for any input.

Ocean,

Thanks for the reply,however unless I am missing something, the custom option will let me create a

tool,but again I cannot define the toolholder with

the amount of detail I am given with the surface high speed option.

Not related but am I correct if I picture Tavares,

on the gulf coast, a few miles north of St.Pete?

You have to draw the tool AND the toolholder and define the entire thing as a custom tool.

You can also right click on the toolpath you wish to check and click on collision check and try that as well

quote:

Could be worse, could be down here.

This area isn't bad, actually. Conveniently located to just about everything...1 hour to Daytona and Disney, 90 mins to the Gulf Coast, without having to deal with all the tourists on a daily basis. The only real drawback is that there's a severe lack of eligible bachelorettes to pick from. Everyone out here is retired....LOL