Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Speed output for Prototrak MX3 post

P_Scott

Hey All,

I've been producing a program for a Prototrak 3-axis mill w/SMX control. The control has Winblows XP embedded on it. Anyway, I was able to get it to run a surface program using the MX3 post from V9 that I updated for use with X2. It works but there's no spindle speed output. I have to manually include that in the program for each tool. Anybody know what I'd have to do to modify the post to produce a speed for all the tools. The "Feeds and Speeds" format section of the post doesn't even have a variable for speed. Not like it's going to be a regular thing but I'd like not to have to manually input the speed for any programs I make for the 'Trak. TIA cheers.gif

Happy New Year!! biggrin.gifcheers.gifbiggrin.gif

Peter,

There is a X2 post available for an SMX control.

I can grab that if you'd like to check it out

From the update

quote:

Post sets min/max spindle speed and max feed rate from MD and CD.

It does output your spindle speed as well, I checked that.

[ 12-29-2007, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: JParis@CNC Programming Solutions® ]

JP,

Is that in with the additional posts CD? I don't think I have that so if you could send one out to me when you get a chance, that would be great. Workin' on a Sat.? Or just loggin' in to the forum? I've only got about 1/2 hour left today and then I'm goin' home. Thanks for the info. Peter W. was going back and forth for a while until he told me that he was trying to combine the 2-D program he made on the 'Trak to my surface code file. The surfacing worked OK on it's own. I finally just programmed the whole side for him. L8tr.

cheers.gif

• 2 years later...

I have gone through my reseller and have had some issues trying to get my post to output spindle speed on the Prototrak 3 axis DPM3. I am doing a surface scallop for a spaceship like part.

I have an mx3 post but like I said, it fails to generate spindle speed. Any help with this would be great since the reseller is out to lunch and this job is hot!!