Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DX32 Machine Definition

rsbeadle

Is there a machine def and post anywhere on the CD or the website made specifically for X or X2?. All I can find is generic fanuc control defs and posts. I can hopefully convert one of the generics if necessary, but one a little closer to the DX32 would be nice. I am using an updated V9 post and imported machine def now, but I need to get a good X2 machine definition to keep up to date. Thanks

If you're not in a complete hurry, I have one that the guys here helped me with about a year ago that I was using all the time.

It was made by modifying the post that was generated by importing the V9 Bridgeport post into X. Should work in X2 and if not with only minor tweaks.

I'll be happy to send it to you, but I'm having to repair all my computers from a very bad moving experience so it would have to wait another week or so until I get one of them working and can access the hard drive's files again.

Otherwise, one of the guys here might still have the post we ended up with after a bit of work.

CNC Apps Guy - It's a Bridgeport DX32 control. (most likely on a V2XT machine)

Thanks guys, Starting at the top; A DX32 is a Bridgeport CNC control used on the true Bridgeport machines (before Hardinge). Greg, I haven't gotten far enough in to go to the reseller and ask for a post yet, I just wondered if maybe I missed it on the install CD. Weyland, I have a working post, I just don't want to wind up in X5 with a V9 inported post and machine definition that doesn't enable all of the features that might be available. We may be phasing out these machines in the next few years, but as long as the hold up we will be using them. The machines are Torque-Cut model (low end). They are the first CNC's this company bought back in the mid 90's. We are converting to Mazaks now so in the next few years I might be able to finally unload these dinosaurs to the bone yard. Thanks