Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Arcing In

you could use a lead in/out.

the thing is that when you create a circle the endpoint is to the right at 0 degrees. you could rotate the circle -90 degrees and it will go y-. other wise it should go x+.

if you want to start and finish at the same point then specify it in the lead in/out page.

billy

I had done a couple undercuts in MC9 years ago.

I had lied as to what the cutter actually was. The undercut I did had an angle in it also, but it worked very well.

First I finished the bore straight down, then another path was probably a 2D contour with my form tool I had to make up (don't retract the tool yet of coarse). Then I did a lead straight back out on the Y, then let the tool retract on the Z.

If I didn't lie to mastercam it would not have allowed me to cut it on the path I had used.

This may be wrong with X2 now but the method I had used was simliar to what I am describing and the results were perfect.

Verify didn't show the path correctly since I had used a stepped cutter of coarse.

Your circumstance seems somewhat similiar to me the way I understand your post.

This is only a suggestion.