Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mill 8 crash under win2000

i haven't found any support forum, so first of all: sorry if i'm in wrong place...

I use mastercam8 under windows 2000 pro, on a P3-1ghz with 512 mb RAM and a Riva TNT2 32 mb video.

when working in a 50 MB file, i set the mill8 to show all levels (255 total) and the windows closes the mill8 when the project is drawing on the screen, showing an error and a log...

i simply can't work!!!

if anyone could help me to solve this error, i will be forever thankful!!! :-)

see'ya

T++

Mauricio Craz¥

"1)what are your Alacations set to?"

what do you mean by "alacations"? how could I set this right?

anyway, thanks for the help! if this "alacations" do not solve the problem, I will buy a new video card, like the ELSA GLORIA, with a nvida QUADRO chip... bye-bye money....

T++

Mauricio

PS: the URL you typed didn't work! is that you site?

quote:

PS: the URL you typed didn't work! is that you site?

If you are talking about the url with my Sig.

This would be my site ,but the power outage at my office is keep my Web,mail and the FTP for this forum from being used .still waiting for the power to come back.

The allocations setting are under

Screen

Config

then you will see a Allocations tab.

Mauricio_CrazY, You are definitely in the right place. The Riva is your problem. I have never been able to get it to work with Mastercam. There are people on this forum that are using it, I think they are just plain lucky. You don't have to go broke to get fair performance out of a vid card for MC, get a Matrox G400 or a GeForce 2 GTS. Both around 50 bucks on E-bay if not cheaper. I prefer the GeForce (stay away from the MX models)with detonator XP drivers, but both are tried and proven with Mastercam. To stop the crashes temporarily go to right click/properties/settings(tab)/advanced/trouble shooting(tab) on your desktop and turn the hardware acceleration to none. Things will be really slow but it should stop the crashes until you get a card. Good luck-

A fellow Riva victom

thanks Jay, and thanks Jim !!!

with this information I shall be able to get the money needed to buy a new card - if setting up my computer goes wrong...

anyway, I will come back to tell you the result of this work... ;-)

see'ya!

T++

Mauricio - a happy Craz¥-newbie on MC!

PS: Jay: the site is working fine!

Jim: the Elsa Gloria costs $ 210,00 ... :-/

PS2: here is my site, too:

www.portalmc.kit.net

it is in portuguese, but the design works on any language... just click anywhere!