Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

To Lathe Product Manager

my rough canned cycle works well but i got to set my stock larger than the TNR to get it works

why we cant edit selected geometry in stock transfer ?

why mc dosen.t have a toolpath for pull/cut/transfert stock in 1 operation on a 2 spindle lathe instead of 4 operations and a lot of post modification to get it work the way that should be?

why, when you change something in the tool settings, MC always reset direction from face to OD or ID

x4 is supposed to get round boring bars in verify, why this is not happened before

Hi Chris,

CTRL+C / CTRL+V

"I am well aware we have alot of work to do in lathe. I will do what I can as we move forward to fix whats broken and improve what we have.

I'm very interested in the problems people are dealing with in the lathe product."

Does that answer your question? I can change some words to make it slightly different... and then we can extend this topic for a further year...

wink.gif

• 2 months later...

Why don't we have any default boring bars in the lathe tool libraries that use a standard 80 degree diamond insert? The default seems to be 75 degrees. I challenge anyone to show me a sandvik or Kennametal catalog with a 75 degree boring bar and insert. The point is that it is just another poor default value that we have to change manually. No, I do not want to, nor should I have to create my own library for something that is used on a daily basis by almost every lathe user out there. (Rant Off)

I think this is worth ranting about. Maybe I am missing a piece of the puzzle. If so, please correct me. In future versions it would be nice to have some better defaults right out of the box. I prolly posted this before but today is one of those days.