Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Solids advantages

KenNelson

Let's assume you never create any 3D geometry (because if you do, getting solids is a no-brainer).

I like working with files as solids, and only outputting curves when I need them. That keeps my model a lot "cleaner" and easier to work with.

Rather than having 1000 surfaces and curves, I have one solid, and only curves when/where I need them.

There are some good functions finding their way into solids that will help speed your programming (Solid drill, for example).

Looking forward, I expect those functions to grow and become more and more useful. Solids is the future, get on board!

Ken does your shop do 2D only or Alott of 3D?

Solids are mcuh cleaner and faster for make fixturs to go with parts that you may be makeing

being able add fetures in a few clicks including fillets to the hole part.

There are more,if you could give me some input what typ of shop and work you do I may be able to give you more at what you do.

we just got mastercam version9 with solids a few weeks ago. The only mistake we made was not getting it much much sooner. With the help of the knowledgable people on the forum you can be up and running in solids in a relatively short period of time.

Kevin