Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MetaCut View

Jammer™

I downloaded a trial version of MetaCut view and never really had time to try it out. Now when I write toolpaths, all of my nci files are listed as "MetaCut View Document" types, instead of "NCI file" types. It even changed all my nci files that were written before I downloaded the MetaCut. Does anyone know how to change them all back to "nci file" types. I have already deleted all of the MetaCut files from my system. I got the download from www.fastech.com Thanks in advance.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Go to, My Computer, Tools, Folder Options, click on the File Types Tab. Scroll down to NCI files, then click on the advanced Button, and change the name to whatever you want and change the program that it opens with, click apply then you're done.

Hope that helps. BTW this is how you do it for Win2k Pro.

Hey James, First, thanks for the reply. I am running Windows NT 4.0 I got to where you said to go, (I tried that before I posted the topic) but it doesn't say "nci files" anywhere. It does say "metacut view document" though. Should I try to change that file type somehow? I also looked on another user's pc that never downloaded metacut view and his didn't have "nci file" in there either.