Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Problem with cplane, tplane in V9

mats_asson

Hi

I have a problem when I want to change the origin in lathe c-axis face milling. When I want to mill on the face in our subspindel I've used c/tplane 6 (back face) and coordinate origin at z-400 mm in version 8. Worked great. But in V9SP1 when I set z-origin to -400 mastercam sets y-400 instead. This must be a bug! Or have I been making it all wrong for the past year...?

Mats Andersson

Mecona Teknik AB

Isn't anyone using this function? I have some more info. If I set Z-400 and press ok and then enter the T/Cplane dialog again the setting is y400. Now I press ok and enter another time. The setting is now x400. Now I press ok and then the setting is Z-400 which is what I want. Definitely a bug but now I've found a workaround.

Mats

• 2 weeks later...

Bringing this up again. I've uploaded tporgbug.mc9 to the ftp in MC9_files. There's a simple mill contour operation. Open it and go into the t/c-plane dialog. Notice the origin setting. Now, press OK and then go into the t/c-plane dialog again. Oops. The origin setting moved.. This has got to be a bug. If I want the setting to be x0,y0,z10 then I'll have to set x10,y0,z0 and press ok to get the setting I want. If I open the t/c-plane dialog again, I'll have to do it three times to get the setting to what I want again.

Mats

so you can't get Z10 to stay in the T/C plane and you can't get the C-axis to stay on the rotary axis?

I am not finding this an issue here.

Now for a question.Are these the seting you want it to stay in.

C-Axis

T/C Plane

If not please tell me what to change so it will stay the way you want.

[ 05-27-2002, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

I tried some more today. I used the clean mplfan post and it is still the same. The c/yaxis is no problem but the origin setting in t/cplane is. I can get the dialog to look exactly like yours, but if I press the "OK"-button and then enter the dialog again, the "10" setting have moved from z to y. I've tried both the computer at work and my computer at home. No difference. Lathe version 9 with SP1. How on earth could this not happen for you??!!? Extremely strange.

Mats

mats_asson, thank you.

you were saying you did it just like mine.

I new if you had done it like my picture that you would of found that is what was causing you the havik at your end.

I was going to see how it worked for you today and make the statment.

Hope all is well now.