Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mach def and adjusting feeds and speeds

Programinator

I just set up all my machine defs for all the machines that i have. I was hoping that when changing the machines it would automatically change the feeds and speeds according to what the spindle max rpm is set in the mach def.

What happens is if i change from a machine with 10000 rpm to a mach with 8000 it will adjust the feed rate and the spindle speed but will not change the plunge rate.

Also when i go from a machine with 8000 to one with 10000 it changes nothing.

How do i set it up so i can change machines and mcam will update all the feeds and speeds in the rpm feed and plunge rates?

put an speed/feed correction your posts.

in that case you have to set the max spindle-rpm in the mmd's above your highest spindle.

my posts correct the speeds and feeds to an S-max that is related to the tooldiameter.

For our Fehlmann P60 with an 26000 spindle:

Tools 0.0-0.399mm : S-max = 26000

Tools 0.4-0.599mm : S-max = 25500

Tools 0.6-0.799mm : S-max = 25000

Tools 0.8-0.999mm : S-max = 24500

Tools 1.0-1.999mm : S-max = 24000

Tools 2.0-over : S-max = 23000

My tool tables are limited above the highest spindle.

Now the backplot time is not correct, but my setup sheet's also use these correction.

I only have to replace the mmd in the machine group and i can post with the right speeds and feeds