Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4 axis wire problem

PERRY C

I don't do that much 4 axis wire work and none since changing to X2-Mr2.

Here's my problem I had a part that needed to be programed 4 axis instead of just a contour , I programed it with a rough and 1 skim cut when it got done with the rough cut instead of reversing it wanted to cut through the part cut the wire then go back to where it was suppose to have reversed then skim.and I checked all my settings and it didn't change anything so Ichanged it to just a rough cut and at the end of the cut it still wanted to cut through the part insted of just ending. I edited it by hand and got it to work with just a rough cut. But I've found out that this is going to become a regular job so I'd like to figure out what I need to do to get it to post out correctly. Is it the post I'm using ? or is it My settings?

The machine is a Mitsubishi FX-20 banghead.gif

X2-MR2sp1

Mill Level 3

Wire Level 2

Solids

perry, make sure you break arcs manually at 180 degrees if it is 2 arcs. send me file and i will look at it for you

also make sure you have in synced correctly. chain thread pt and geometry in bottom and geometry only in top

That maybe my problem. It's a partial chain it's not a closed chain and it's 2 arcs. I did chain my thread point I just told it .25 lead distance.

Now what I did do to over come it and get it to reverse is I drew lines perpendicular to the arc's at the end of the chain and checked my max leadin/leadout which work it's a little waste of time and wire but it works.

Thanks Del I'll send you the file so you can look at it and tell me what I need to do to get it to work right.

Thanks

Thanks Del for the help yesterday. I did figure something out though. You don't have to check the max leadout box just fill in the overlap I didn't use any thread or cut points just told it my leadin length was .250 and set my overlap to .250 and it worked fine. The only thing is when it post out the program on my G40 line its not sending u&v back to 0.

Thanks Again cheers.gif