Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MPMASTER, redundant Z moves.

MotorCityMinion

Version X MR2. MPMASTER

I'm getting redundant Z moves in my arcs, whether it circle milling or contour. They appear right in the middle of the line with the arc moves and equal my depth of cut. Never noticed this before and it looks like somebody messed with some settings somewhere. Any clues?

Off topic. I can't get my printer to print to scale in mastercam. I get 1 page with a few lines in it, Zoomed in on something useless. The only two choices I have in the menu are print preview, and print. No print to scale. This also used to work.

In version X MR2 this could be related to a tolerance issue as we would not output a Z move unless it had changed (I'm assuming you are cutting in the top tool plane). Sometimes there are minor tolerance issues that can be resolved by bumping up the NC precision in the control definition.

Chris

quote:

Off topic. I can't get my printer to print to scale in mastercam.

Need to adjust scaling 100% on the print page (on mastercam). And view to fit (alt+F1)

If still not to scale , it's on printer side. Click on property then you will get 'print setup' page and then click on properties of the printer, you should see another scaling option somewhere under 'effect' tab. (That may change depending of the printer driver)

quote:

No scaling option in the mastercam menu.

When you hit print and it gives you the option to portrait or landscape, there is a scaling option. I leave it alone and just WYSIWYG.

What you see on the screen is what you are going to print. If you want the whole part to the extents printed, then zoom all and hit print. If you want detail in a certain area, then make that area the view on your screen. WYSIWYG!!! If you need a bigger blow up, then start using the scaling.

When I hit print, there are NO scaling options in the preview. There are no dialog boxes prompting me for a variable. There are no menus what so ever.

Nothing else in the toolbar, no other menus on that page. I understand WYSWYG. I'm saying this worked before without any thought, zoom in on what you want to print, hit print, done.