Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WCS

Wild Goat

You can just change the WCS/Plane under View Manager and by picking where the center of your rotation is from the part is you have it drawn correctly. If not, you can enter the values.

I have always just picked front, back, etc. for whatever side I needed to machine. I forego using any "special created" planes unless I absolutely have to have them for something I am cutting that is not "normal" to one of the natural planes. 3-D surfacing will turn the rotary for you if you program it using multiaxis or advanced mutiaxis. Watch your control of vectors. It can waste a heck of a lot of rotary motion that really isn't necessary in most instances.

As for programming from the center of rotation, it's the best way to go. To do that place your part in space where it should be on the machine or on a template. It takes a little more fore-planning on your part but will make your job a lot easier and the operators as well.

Make a quick template of your tombstone or holding method to save to use on all your parts instead of trying to draw something or move something in space each time.

I'm sure many others will chime in with advice. There's many ways to skin a cat!

Welcome and good luck.

cheers.gif

No, I actually move my part in space to where it will be machined. I always left it on TOP just like Z going into the part. If I want to machine on the left side of the part, I change it to LEFT. As if the part is sitting normal right hand rule. The output will be A90 (or not, LOL!) depending on how your machine definition is set up. Been awhile since I've done a horizontal, but this is the way I do it for my Vertical Rotaries except FRONT and BACK instead of LEFT and RIGHT.