Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3d contour multi pass

Tim Pruett

I can't seem to get this to work. I'm turning an electrode in the mill and I usually use depth cuts, but in this case the trode is a hooker and if I use depth cuts it will turn off the hooker. How do I get the multi pass funtion to work. Or is there a better way to turn this trode in the mill?

Not sure what a trode is but try this:

Project the geometry you want above the part,

Do a 2d toolpath with that geometry and gost it out,

Do surface finish project, select NCI projection type, source operations select the 2d toolpath you just create.

edmbosto,

I tried that and it still wouldn't work.

Santa Fe,

If I use a surface project toolpath it won't mill the undercut for the hooker. I need to use a lollipop mill or something to that effect and we don't have enything like that.

Anyway, I figured out a differen't way of doing it. I had to create my toolpath from the front construction plane and then edit my nc file. I changed all of the "Y"s to "Z"s. Then I could use multi passes like I wanted. I just wondered why the multi pass function wouldn't work in a 3d contour toolpath. Thanks for the input though. It's nice to have all of you gurus to talk to whenever I want.