Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

levels

CDL2042

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Click the first one, then press your Shift Key, then select the last one. Then they'll all highlight. Then you right click on it and a selection will be All On or all off.

That's how it used to work anyway...

CDL2042

I could be wrong but don't "level sets" do something similar to this. Turn on/off all levels in the set. Also in many circumstances Alt-E "the hide function" is faster than turning on or off levels. It will hide every entity on the screen except the entities you pre-select. CNC Apps I will try your method tommorrow that sounds quick and easy

• 4 weeks later...

I am going to complain and say this doesn't work like it used to, and it is worse. The right click - "all selected on" or "all selected off" option isn't there anymore, and current behavior is somewhat unpredictable. If you select a range of levels by click- shift click, you just toggle visibility in that selection, e.g., if you wanted all the selected on, and there were some on already, those would get turned off. If the first level was off, your initial click turns it on, and then when you shift-click the end of the range, the first level gets turned back off. You can sort of get around some of this, but I think the behaviour is a step backwards.

While I am griping about the level list, it appears you get one chance and one chance only to "get named levels". If your source level names list isn't correct to begin with, going through the "get named levels" exercise doesn't update any level that already has a name. Is there something I am missing? Does anybody else feel this way?