Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

rotate model to system origin 5 axis milling

Mr. Dayshift

OK, i'm still missing something. I translate 3D, select source (new view 9 which as a view planes by geometry, point to translate from i choose origin, point to translate to source (TOP) point to translate to origin does not move to system origin.

Can someone point out my error here please.

You need to establish a point on the geometry that you want to be origin, and then translate between that point and the origin, you can't translate origin to origin. The part should rotate to the plane you want the way you are doing it, but it won't move to a new origin unless you move a new point to the origin, if i'm understanding your problem correctly.