Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Computer Opinions

EazyE

What do you think of this..

Processor = Intel Q9300 quad core 2.5Ghz 6mb cache @ 1333mhz

Motherboard = Intel x48 1600/1333 mhz ddr3

Memory = Corsair 4GB DDR3 1600

Video = Palit NE Geforce 8800GT Sonic 1GB/256 Bit Gddr3 Pci Express 2.0 x 16

Case = Xion model w/ 2 120mm fans for intake and exhaust also a 80mm on side panel.

I will be using this with a Samsung 22 wide screen monitor and a 3dconnexion spacepilot.

How does that sound, any comments or changes that anyone can think of speak freely. Still have about a hundred or so left in budget.

Oh yeah I am not to sure on the whole Dual Core or Quad Core thing. I can get a Dual Core @ 3.0GHZ or the Quad as stated with 2.5GHZ. Dont really know wich is better. Both with 1333MHZ

I posted this on Off Topic by mistake so if your reading this twice SORRY.

Read the posts on the benchmark thread, the 12th page specifically. Your best speed will be something using a Quad core Xeon with 1333 or 1600FSB,12Mb of cache and 2 Gb or more ram. I just built the PC with the best time on that thread. 10 months ago I built a Core 2 Duo machine running at 3.4Ghz and now the Quad core Xeon machine running at 3.8Ghz. Otherwise they were configured the same but the Xeon machine is 20% faster and the 400MHz difference doesn't cover the 20% gain. It's the size of the CPU cache and how it's used by Xeons.

An 8800GT or a 512Mb 8800GTS video card works just fine.