Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mori-Seiki NL3000 lathe

P_Scott

Hello All,

Anyone have this machine? It has live tooling and Y-axis travel. We've had this machine for a couple of years and want to be able to expand our knowledge and capabilities with it. So far the operator/machinist has done all the programming conversationally on the machine. We are not using the machine to its full potential. We want to be able to program offline w/Mastercam and supply the machine with workable code. The last time I attempted to send a file to that machine using the post we currently have, the operator nearly had a heart attack because the code looked nothing like the conversational program he had written before. Our reseller is S4A in MA and although Steve Biehl is excellent at modifying posts, he is currently busy at EASTEC and I just need some information. All I want to know is if there's a post available that was written by either Mastercam programmers or Mori-Seiki in cooperation w/Mastercam. The post we have is good and should work but I want to see if there is a post more specific to this machine. TIA cheers.gif

Peter,

A lot of us here use a post called Mplmaster that is available right here on this site. It is a generic post meant to be edited for personal preferences but , with a few tweaks, does a good job of making code. That said it creates basic G code. I have not heard anyone talking about mastercam creating conversational code so I think what ever you get will be quite different from what the machinist is used to seeing.

Phil

JP,

I wasn't aware that you had purchased it from them. I thought they had supplied you with the MPLMaster and you had modified it yourself. That's why I didn't contact them. Who did you speak with? I'll just e-mail them then. I thought that if there was a post directly from Mori-Seiki for Mcam that would be a good place to start. Thanks for the info.

How's EASTEC this year? Is it busier or less than last year? Did Steve and Frank have you go for all three days? Did you get a chance to see other booths? I always remember it being tiresome staying in one booth all day long. And to have to be civil with the "Others" in the same booth was always a challenge. Thank God I don't have to do that anymore. The Mcam Corporate people are always great. I miss seeing Steve Bertrand, Dave M., Brian Summers and others there. That's about the only time I would see any of them. Maybe next year I'll get to go down. L8tr. cheers.gif

Sure did, I think it arrived after my exit though.

Check your email for the correct one.

The one I "think" your using is one I was putting together and I don't "think" I ever completed it.

Eastec was good, I was out there on Tuesday and Wednesday, mornings were VERY busy, it tapered off a bit after lunch.

JP,

Thanks. I received the perm post and it appears to be doing what it should. I'll have to try it out on the program that we intended to send to that machine. It looks good but we'll have to wait until there's a lull before we can try it on the machine. It might be difficult to convince the operator to relinquish control for a few minutes however. You know how that goes. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

I'm glad you got a chance to see EASTEC from the reseller viewpoint. It's a bit different than just going to the show to look around at stuff. Take it easy John. We'll talk later. cheers.gif