Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X+ screenshot output in excel

Bruce Caulley

Ahoy!

I am trying to reproduce the setup sheet I used to use now that I have a seat of my own again. Only thing is I am now using office2007 and an X+ version a couple of versions ahead of where I was, so I am having a bit of trouble with the placement of the screenshot.

Previously the screenshot was placed wherever the acive cell was when the excel template was saved. Now it is always outputting in the same place no matter where the active cell is when saving.

Is this an excel2k7 thing?

Bruce

Bruce, The screenshot macro uses the following

code:

Sub format_screenshot()

Sheets("Sheet1").Select 'pics brought in on Sheet1

ActiveSheet.Shapes("Picture 1").Select ' Screen SHOT mark

Selection.Cut

to pick it up to move it.

But it is placed in the tab you are in when you save. So according to the above code, if you did not save with a "Sheet1" tab cell active, then it will not find the picture1 item.

Does this in my Office 2007..... and 2003

HTH

Robert,

Is there any way to pick which cell it goes to?

At the moment the output is dumped on the left of the sheet and I have my setup sheet further over to the right linking the values that I need. Currently I need to scroll to the left and drag the screenshot over to the right where I want it, but in older X+ versions I could control exactly where it landed just by whatever cell was highlighted when saving the XLT.

Bruce

I don't think so. But using the "ActiveSheet.Shapes("Picture 1").Select", I can get it regardless of which cell it's in and then move it to where I want, so I it hasn't been an issue with me.

Sorry, thats prolly not much help.

I can test to see if I can place it......