Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam or post setting?

Thad

We have Okuma and Toshiba mills. When using the post for the Okuma, it generates a pair of files. They are named identically, except one has a .txt extension and one has a .nc extension. The .txt is the one I want. The file size for the .nc files are all 0kb. For example, this would be the result of posting 3 milling programs:

1mill.txt 12kb

1mill.nc 0kb

2mill.txt 35kb

2mill.nc 0kb

3mill.txt 27kb

3mill.nc 0kb

What I do is delete the .nc files to get rid of the clutter.

When I use the post for the Toshiba, it outputs only one set of files (which is good), but it outputs .nc files. Then I have to rename them with .txt. I'm not sure if I *have to* rename them, but that's how they want to see them. Can I make it output ONLY .txt files for both posts? Is this a setting within Mastercam or within my post?

I've already tried changing "sextnc gcd" to "sextnc txt" that was mentioned in another thread, but I still get the 0kb size .nc file along with it. I'm looking to output a single .txt file only. I'm using v7.2c.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thad

[ 05-28-2002, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: thad ]

Using the SEXTNC overide to set the NC output file extension in your posts you WILL get the "empty" .NC files. No way around that in v7.2

In v7.2, if you want ALL your posts to produce files with the same extension try this...

Comment out the SEXTNC line in each PST file and

edit your MILL7.CFG Change this line ->

508. NC Program extension? .nc

to read ->

508. NC Program extension? .TXT

Be sure to restart Mastercam before trying this out, so that it re-reads this updated CFG.