Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cutter comp show in "Verify"?

PeterDnz

Is there a way to show incorrect settings like "XY stock to leave" in verify operations?

I used "XY stock to leave" on one contour operation to overcut the profile. But I didn't reset it on subsequent contours... :curse:

I wonder if it's possible to cleary compare the verify with the geometry.

Any suggestions?

In the verify options check compare to stl. After you run the verify a new dialog window will open. select a stl file of your stock and compare to the cut stock. Because it is comparing stl's it will be a bit "choppy" but it will easily identify a few thousands of error.

In the verify configuration menu, there is a "compare to STL file" option.

You must create an STL of your finished part before using this in Verify. Then when you are done cutting the block in Verify, the compare to STL dialog box comes up and you select the file you want to compare it to.

You can set the tolerance range for different display colors to tell how much gouge or excess you have left on the part.

The other thing I really like to do is save a copy of the model I cut in Verify, then go back into the Stock Setup and select the newly cut STL file, and set the display to "solid".

This will overlay a translucent solid of the material you just verified over your model. Then you can clearly see where you have excess material and where you have gouged into the part.

The other thing that can really help is the "parameter Define" chook.

The PrmDef.dll Chook sets Mastercam to take new toolpath values from either the previous operation settings (default, setting "1") or from the operations default settings (setting "2").

By default, Mastercam will use the last values from a previous toolpath of the same type (as you just discovered).

So if you create a contour toolpath with -.01 stock to leave, the next time you create a contour toolpath, it will use all the last parameters you entered.

When you run PrmDef and set the value to "2", it always pulls default values from the operation library for every new toolpath you create.

I personally set my "startup" chook to PrmDef.dll, so that it runs every time I boot up Mastercam.

HTH,