Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

bostomatic variables

gary dunn

ummm, when i type in .079, i think, but could be wrong, the variable should say 079 .

that is, we're strictly mm here and i have read in the manual that there is 3 place deciaml for

metric. however, it always drops off the zero.

therefore it says just 79 . any ideas ? what am i missing. it also displays 4 decimal

places so if i put in 100 and hit return, i get 1000000. the kicker is, the .079 that shows up as just 79, actually moves .079. i am offsetting

on palets from a G60 position(center of the palet)

it looks wierd as heck but i works. i was just wondering why it seems to read different than it displays.

Bosto's in there var page don't display a decimal point at all. You have to know were the decimal point should be. For inch it 4 places and mm it's 3 places. If in the variable page there is a 1 at v1 that in mm is .001 and in inch .0001. You can also program with out a decimal point.