Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Sim

Larry55

Got this error message running win 3.1 with Mastercam 5.0. When I click on mill 5 the splash screen comes up and then a warning-Acivator/M Sim not found/not intitiated? Can someone tell me what to do to correct it. I can't use the program without this. Thank You

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Is the computer a newer PC? If it is it may be that you'll need to slow down the paralell port using some commands in the config.sys file.

Also you may want to try re-installing the software making sure that the SIM is properly attached to the paralell (NOT the COM Port) port. If that fails, there may be a problem with the SIM and your company may have to update because that SIM is no longer supported. In V6 Mastercam went to the HASP because it has more features and more memory than the Activator style.

Have you called your reseller? Though I can imagine they are not thrilled at the prospect of having to support software that is nearly 10 years old, they may have some other ideas. Also, as always, you can call CNC Software, and they may be able to help. Be prepared to give them your SIM number and company name.

JM2C

Copying the Mill5 directory over to another computer does not properly install the software. In my experience, on a 'newer' PC (newer than a 386) you may need Activator/M (Green SIM) driver files from the V5.5 install. You may also need to set some environment variables. You really need to contact your reseller.