Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dell Laptops Problem

Don,

The problem isn't with the Nvidia chips, it is a problem in the BIOS...

For anyone who has a Dell laptop, there is a free utility that is available that will help address this issue.

It basically boils down to the fact that the Fan speed control in the BIOS does not adequately cool the laptop case, and can allow your video card or motherboard to run too hot.

Here is a link to a fantastic free program called 'I8kfanGUI'.

Dell Laptop Fan Control GUI Link

This program gives you a Graphical User Interface to the fan settings on your Dell Laptop.

I always keep mine set to 'Force fans to high speed'.

Works great on my M90.

HTH,

I wouldn't install any of these BIOS updates HP and Dell have now released. All they will do is "help reduce the likelihood of failures" at the expense off more noise and less battery life. That alone is not acceptable. But all these updates will do is maybe prolong the life of these GPUs for a couple of months, until many of these machines are out of warranty! Good for Dell, HP & Co., bad for you.