Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Backplot Tool Not Right.

McRae

Ying,

As I wipe the dust and pick the gravel out of my body from falling off the turnip truck - wait... Of Coarse I had the "As Defined" switch set. The problem is that the tool has a taper side to it 12mm cut diameter and a 16mm shank over a 3" length (76mm if you need to stay in metric reading my post...) I need to check the side clearance of this taper against the part model.

This just in...

**Problem with Tool File

Redraw the tool MC9 to be a single chain starting at CL and finishing at CL and making it a function (Single Solution across the CL)

error writing tool path

bnci_section(): Cannot delete section

Now I have corrupted my file. - TGFB (Thank Goodness For Backups)

Looking for help...

Thanks

[ 06-07-2002, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: MfgEng ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

As I wipe the dust and pick the gravel out of my body from falling off the turnip truck - wait.......

ROFLMAO

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

That was hilarious!!!!!!

Andrew,

Just got back from some service calls, I don't look at the Forum everyday, sorry for the late reply.

I've tried your file, and it works just fine. I did some screen shots of the backplot and posted on IHS ftp site at where you put last time. (It's called Tool_No_Prob.zip).

All I did was copy your tool file (BULLMILL_12MM_7MM.MC9) to Mcam9MillTools, and in "Operations Manager", under "Define tool" --> "Profile", I selected "Custom file" instead of "Auto". Also used the backplot display settings as I mentioned in the last message.

Your custom tool showed up in backplot without any problem!